Craig Chaquico

Friday, March 5, 2010

WAYMAN SMILES AND LIVES ON!

Who is Wayman Tisdale?
Well, he played all his life. What did he play? Basketball and Bass Guitar.

I loved his music. Simple as that. His recordings made me happy, as I listened to his CDs. I didn't watch him on the basketball court. But I did get to see him once in concert with Dave Koz, Jonathan Butler and Kimberly Locke for one of the Christmas Jazz concerts he performed in, in Tacoma, Washington.

He wore a huge smile. That was his signature. His happy persona.

He passed away May 2009. It was a sad day for many. He fought a battle with cancer. But those who love him had created this memorial web-site, so if you want to know more about a dear person, just check this out.
http://thewaymantisdalestory.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment